In Osteoarthritic Knees, the pathologic changes of the synovial fluid cause it to lose its lubricity and shock absorbing function. This leads to the concept of Viscosupplement.
The goal of viscosupplement is to improve the viscoelasticity of synovial fluid, replicating healthy joint function by increasing the molecular weight and concentration of Hyaluronic Acid (HA).
INDICATION FOR VISCOSUPPLEMENT
Early and Moderate Stage Osteoarthritis
ORTHOVISC is an ultra-pure, high molecular weight injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) viscosupplement used to treat the joint pain caused by osteoarthritis. It is comprised of highly purified sodium hyaluronate (NaHA) in physiologic saline, and it is both biocompatible and resorbable.
ORTHOVISC is a non-animal sourced viscosupplement that provides up to 6 months of efficacy with only 3 to 5 injections. The effectiveness of the ORTHOVISC treatment is partially based on the product’s delivery of one of the highest concentrations of HA currently available in a multi-injection treatment.
ORTHOVISC comes in a single-use syringe, and it is injected into the joint in a series of 3 to 5 intra-articular injections spaced one week apart.
The ORTHOVISC Advantage
- Reduction in joint pain & improvement in functionality1,2
- Long-lasting results through 26 weeks1
- No confirmed pseudoseptic reactions reported3
- Natural, non-animal sourced HA
How long will the treatment last?
ORTHOVISC provides pain relief up to 6 months with only 3 to 4 injections.
The effectiveness of the ORTHOVISC treatment is partially based on the products delivery of one of the highest concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid (HA) currently available in a multi-injection treatment.
Although individual results may vary, some people feel relief quickly after getting the injection. Talk to your healthcare specialist to see if ORTHOVISC injection is right for you.
What are the side effects?
- Mild to transient Pain, warmth and slight swelling immediately after injection (Note : ComfortPlus Hot/Cold Pack is provided to help ease the symptoms after injection.)
- Injection Site pain (Short term)
- If you experience any of this side effects, please contact your doctor immediately.